In the following questions, the 1st and the last sentences are numbered 1 and 6. The rest of the sentence/ passage is split into four parts and named P, Q, R, and S. These four sentences / parts are not given in their proper order. Read the sentence / passage and find out which of the four combinations is correct. Then find the correct answer.
Click on the options to check whether it is right or wrong.
11. 1. A man is born alone
P. good and bad
Q. he experiences the
R. and dies alone, and
S. consequences of
6. his actions alone.
12. 1. In the first years of his reign, Asoka was an autocrat.
P. The effect over the slaughter on his mind was profound.
Q. He was successful but thousands were slain in the battle.
R. About the ninth year he decided to conquer Kalinga.
S. This caused a sudden change of his heart.
6. He joined the Buddhist community and became a monk.
13. 1. Vegetarianism promotes a natural way of life.
P. A vegetarian’s life-style is natural and healthy.
Q. Despite its message of universal love and nonviolence, it has not spread.
R. It is best cultivated in the mind.
S. This may be because it is an inward looking habit.
6. Food and health are closely related.
14. 1. Optimism is not a deep, complicated philosophy.
P. In some persons it is an inborn trait.
Q. in fact, it is always taking a positive and bright view of life.
R. It is more of a general attitude of life.
S. They are tuned that way by nature and temperament.
6. However in most cases it is an acquired and nurtured habit.
15. 1. Our life is full of ups and downs.
P. They too had problems in their lives.
Q. When we face failures we are often disheartened.
R. They fought against all odds and achieved success.
S. The lives of great men inspire us.
6. By following them we can overcome crises.